The Boulevard of the Allies in downtown Pittsburgh, showing metal overpass advertising for the Pittsburgh Press, once the largest of Pittsburgh's daily newspapers.
Founded by Thomas Keenan, Jr., the Pittsburgh Press first began operation as the evening Penny Press in 1884. It was renamed the Pittsburgh Press in 1888. The newspaper was a major rival of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It went out of business in 1992.