The Terminal at the Greater Pittsburgh Airport
The Greater Pittsburgh Airport was a 1600 acre complex built at a cost of $33,000,000. It opened on June 1, 1952. The Terminal building was one of the largest in the world, containing 65 hotel rooms, restaurants, stores and served over 1,400,000. The old terminal was demolished in 1997 following the construction of two new terminals in 1992.