header2
 
 
The Greater Pittsburgh Airport Terminal
Date:
September 1955
Creator:
John R. Sharder
Collection #:
MSP285-B001-F04-I01
Process/Size:
Gelatin Silver Print/8" x 10"

Description:
A view of the airport terminal and fountain

Notes:
The Greater Pittsburgh Airport was a 1600 acre complex built at a cost of $33,000,000. It opened on June 1, 1952. The Terminal building was one of the largest in the world, containing 65 hotel rooms, restaurants, stores and served over 1,400,000. The illuminated fountain or Veterans Memorial Fountain was dedicated on August 8, 1955.

films Picture of the week help Link to History Center
 
back to search enlarge image send picture as e-card