header2
 
 
Point Bridge
Date:
1927
Creator:
N/A
Collection #:
GPC-B011-F35-I01
Process/Size:
Gelatin Silver Print/9" x 13.5"

Description:
The Point Bridge over the Monongahela River, connecting West Carson Street to downtown Pittsburgh.

Notes:
George S. Richardson and Stanley L. Roush, two Allegheny County architects, designed the Point Bridge. Construction on the second bridge began in 1925 and was completed in 1927; it replaced a previous bridge constructed in 1876. The Point Bridge was closed in 1959 and was dismantled in 1970.

films Picture of the week help Link to History Center
 
back to search enlarge image send picture as e-card