header2
 
 
Rogers Field (Aspinwall, PA)
Date:
1920-1925
Creator:
N/A
Collection #:
MFQ131-F01-I01
Process/Size:
Gelatin Silver Print/8" x 10"

Description:
The interior of Rogers Field airplane hangar in Aspinwall.

Notes:
The Rogers Field hangar was located off of Fox Chapel Road in O'Hara Township. It was established in 1923 with the help of the Aero Club and served as headquarters for the 324th Observation Squadron, the local Air Corps Reserves. It was also the headquarters for the Morris Flying Service, which had a flight school and taxi service.

films Picture of the week help Link to History Center
 
back to search enlarge image send picture as e-card