header2
 
 
The Examination Room
Date:
Circa 1920
Creator:
N/A
Collection #:
MSP140-B001-F05-I01
Process/Size:
Gelatin Silver Print/8" x 10"

Description:
The interior of a 1920s hospital room.

Notes:
The Pittsburgh Dispensary on the North Side offered good, low-cost medical care to Pittsburgh residents. It was founded in 1873 as a successor organization to the Church Dispensary and was supported in large part by the work and money of Dr. Levi Harris. Like many relief organizations of the day, the dispensary operated without government support and at a nominal charge for patients.

films Picture of the week help Link to History Center
 
back to search enlarge image send picture as e-card