The modern Alcoa, and Mellon-US Steel buildings surround the traditional Protestant Evangelical Church
The Nixon Theatre was formerly located here. The Alcoa building is a thirty story aluminum paneled building constructed in 1951 by Architects Harrison and Abramovitz and by the architectural firms of Altenhof & Brown and Mitchell & Ritchey. It was home to the largest aluminum manufacturer in the world. The U.S. Steel and Mellon building is a forty-one story building also designed by Harrison and Abramovitz in 1951. These two renaissance skyscrapers provide an interesting contrast to the Romanesque inspired Protestant Evangelical Church, one of Pittsburgh's oldest buildings.