header2
 
 
Telephone Construction Crew
Date:
1910
Creator:
N/A
Collection #:
GPC-B003-F05-I01
Process/Size:
Gelatin Silver Print/8" x 10"

Description:
Construction crew with cart, horse and supply wagon.

Notes:
Telephones arrived in Pittsburgh in 1878, allowing the Central District and Printing Telegraph Company to utilize speaking telephones in 1879. This company evolved into the Central District Telephone Company in 1913 and eventually merged with Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania in 1918.

films Picture of the week help Link to History Center
 
back to search enlarge image send picture as e-card