and Access to Master File
To ensure prompt
service, when ordering, please provide the Photographic Coordinator with
the Collection Number and the Title of the image. Please indicate the size
and format of the reproduction you are requesting. Requests should be directed
(412) 454-6402 (P)
(412) 454-6028 (F)
(412) 454-6364 (P)
reproduce images or text of materials owned by the Historical Society of
Western Pennsylvania is granted when the use of images in publications,
in any format, conform to the following terms:
1. The right to reproduce materials from the Library and Archives is granted
on a one-time-basis only. Any further reproduction of this material is prohibited
without the express written permission of the Historical Society of Western
2. Materials are reproduced for research use only and may not be altered in
any way or used for publication, exhibition, or any other public purpose without
the express written permission of the Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania.
3. Any publication, exhibition, or other use of materials reproduced from the
collections of the Historical Society must cite as follows: Library & Archives
Division, Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, PA.
4. In requesting permission to reproduce materials from the collections of
the Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania as described, the customer agrees
to hold harmless the Society and its Trustees, Officers, and agents either
jointly or separately from any action involving infringement of the rights
of any person or their heirs and descendants in common law or under statutory
5. Consideration of the requirements or copyrights is the responsibility of
the author, producer, and publisher. Applicants assume all responsibility for
questions of copyright and invasion of privacy that may arise in copying and
using the materials.
6. The reproduction in their entirety of any of the collections of the Historical
Society of Western Pennsylvania is prohibited.